1. To agree with someone's ideas or aims, to want them to succeed and perhaps to help them also. English = support, back, back up.
2. To help someone by giving them money or the things that they need. English = support.
3. To add things to something else to make it stronger, especially to add soldiers to an army in order to make it stronger. English = reinforce.
4. To give money, equipment, or services to help people in need. English = aid, assist.
5. Used to describe anything that is designed to assist someone to do something. English = assistive, supportive.